Friday, December 21, 2018

Merry Christmas - 2018 Part 1

Merry Christmas - 2018 Part 1

I enjoy and love to decorate for Christmas.  Each year I try to move about
decorations to make them feel familiar, but different.

Part 1 peeks at our Christmas vignettes in our dining room, living room and kitchen.
I'll post Part 2 in a couple of days.

Grab yourself a cup of coffee, perhaps tea or wine, sit back and please enjoy 
  Our Kitchen






 This wonderful 1984 vintage tin of Vermont Maple syrup
we purchased in Vermont on our honeymoon.
  


 Dining Room 



 In November a group of us stayed overnight at Bailey's Barn to attend
Junk Jubilee Jingles in Des Moines, IA.
While there, our dear friend Nora gifted us a class on
creating these felted wool feather trees.  

I choose the coffee stained 'winter white' wool over the vintage green wool. 

I found a great distressed piece of porch architecture and drilled a hole in it for my tree stand.


"May you never be too grown up to search the skies on Christmas Eve"
This precious 2018 diorama of dogs watching for Santa was handmade for me...
by my dear and sweet friend Suzanne Wingfield!
We are dog  lovers...Thank You Suzanne!
  


This beautiful Winter diorama was also created by Suzanne Wingfield.
I was the lucky winner of it in a 2017 swap!
The sweet little house lifts on a paper hinge to allow a battery operated 
tea light to be placed in it.   
It is much more beautiful than this photo shows it!
 Chandy baubles, are a must!
 


This year I chose to decorated one of our dining room trees with an unusual theme.  
It is decorated with my collection of vintage evening bags, gloves, necklaces and tiaras
Yes, a bit unusual, but thought it might be a fun way to showcase them
The tree topper consist of a vintage floral hat, a vintage rhinestone
tiara and a vintage French brass and rhinestone Fleur de lis tiara.










Living Room


I adore 'smalls'...the two small boxes on the left are vintage jewelry boxes.
These boxes are among my favorites.
Each box is about 1 -  2" and have such sweet graphics!
I never seem get a clear, good photo of them.  I'm not a good photographer.
Bottom left is a photo ornament I made years ago showing our sons when they were young.
The dog photo is George.  George is our current boy...he's a slobbering mess of love and sweetness.
George is about 115 lbs. of St. Bernard and Plott Hound mix.
This is our Miss Belle. 
Although Miss Belle is a sweetheart, she is also a diva girl!
Miss Belle is 80lbs. of a Red Bone Coonhound and Weimarner mix.   

This is our beloved Lady.  
Lady was our first family pet.
She is dear and precious in our hearts!













Our living room flocked tree is decorated with vintage ornaments and
handmade ornaments.  I've made some of these ornaments
and many are gifted to me.
Every year when I unwrap these handmade ornaments,
my heart is filled with joy as I remember the shared event
creating them or receiving them as a gift from dear friends!
Well, it's been a long peruse of our Part 1 Christmas home.
Part 2 should be posted soon.
I hope you'll come back to peek at it too. 
Until then,
  Merry Christmas to you!



 


1 comment:

  1. Your home is beautifully decked for the holidays. Wishing you and your family, including the dogs, of course - a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete