Friday, June 12, 2020

Good-Bye Sweet Belle

Yesterday was my birthday.
Our sweet, beloved Belle had not been well.
I knew her days with us were few.
But, I did not expect on my birthday we'd tell her Good-bye.

Not the gift one wants on their birthday.
Amongst the sadness and tears of losing her, 
I realized losing her was a gift.

The gift of knowing the unconditional love that our pets eagerly give us!
The gift of her loyalty, joyful, silly, love!
The gift that her suffering from cancer was over!

To our Beloved,  Baby Girl Dog Dog, Belle Wigglebottom Hacker,
our lives will forever be touched by your love!

Belle's first day home with us after her adoption


 Always thought she was a lap dog






 


George was adopted and joined our family in 2016.
Belle immediately accepted him and taught him the ropes 
of his new home






She loved to hug, even when she wasn't feeling well

Forever in our hearts!

7 comments:

  1. Dearest Cousin Tami...In having your beloved Belle cross the Rainbow Bridge, she was giving you the gift of peace in your heart and mind that she was not having to suffer with her illness any more and that her sweet and loving memories as a family member will stay with you always. It hurts to let them go, but knowing their pain has finally stopped is truly a blessing and our furry kids loved us so much.
    Aloha...Terry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dearest Cousin Terry for your words of love & encouragement! Hugs, Tami

      Delete
  2. She was such a sweet dog! I loved her and will also miss her terribly. Hugs Tami and Larry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gail, she loved you too and getting into your craft bags. Hugs back, Tami & Larry

      Delete
  3. I am so sorry Tami, I know too well what you feel. My husband and I have 3 rescues right now, in a long line of adopted babies. With each passing we mourn while reflecting on the joy each has brought into our lives. For that we are also grateful. My heart mourns with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Laurie, Thank you for your kind words! Hugs, Tami

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear about your sweet Belle. You have precious memories of her throughout the years. These are lovely picture you have shared.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete