Saturday, May 18, 2024

A Friendship Journal

 Recently, I was surprise when I received an unexpected package from my friend Kimmy.  Many tears of friendship joy trickled down my cheeks when I saw what was in this package.  

In early April I sustained a leg injury while attempting to separate our Bloodhound and Great Dane during one of their moments of being the Best of Enemies instead of their usual Best of Friends.

We've had too many vet bills the past couple of years since rescuing them, and teaching them how to be a family.  We are very thankful they only had a few minor scratches this time.  

Unfortunately, it was me that got injured.  Nothing serious that needed surgery, just a minor impaction fracture on the kneecap, and deeply bruised muscles and ligaments.  The first 3 weeks I was mainly in bed using the Ice Man to keep the swelling down.  Healing time was estimated for 6-8 weeks. I am pleased to share by week 5, I no longer needed my trusty rolling walker to get around.  I was able to begin bearing more weight on that leg, and I am now, with caution, getting back to my normal routine.  

 I didn't just drift off down a bunny trail, the package and the dog story really do relate. 

Inside Kimmy's package was a very beautiful journal filled with bits & pieces of vintage, new & handmade goodness. Scattered throughout the pages she included items we both adore... poems, quotes, birds, flowers, butterflies, angels, trim, lace, prayer, friendship, hearts, and an encouraging reminder to Trust in the Lord.

 It's a journal filled with wonderful papers that are tattered and torn, along with snippets of lace and ribbon, some old, some new.

Inside this journal are hidden pockets, an inside booklet, tags, and other areas where journaling notes can be written, slipped into a pocket or written on the back of a tag.

Thank you Kimmy for being a precious friend and for gifting me your beautiful, handmade journal of friendship, and for all your prayers during my recovery!

With her permission, please enjoy her journal creation...






      
  

 
  
  










            
 
         
 





 





No comments:

Post a Comment