Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Valentine's Day Altered Matchbox Swap - Part 1

JoAnne from Vintage Dragonfly hosted a recent Valentine's Day Altered Matchbox Swap.  I was thrilled to be a part of it!  It was a rotation swap.   
 
This is the altered matchbox I created for Amy D.
Layers of lace, trim and millinery, mostly vintage.
 
I fell in love with it and am so pleased that Amy fell in love with it too!

I used pages from a vintage French book and stamped forever, adore & love
on them to cover the inside box
added a beaded pull on one end
 
and filled it with treasures

I ran out of room inside the matchbox, so I included one of my decorated peat pots
to hold this BE MINE stamp 

and some DOVE chocolates, because you've got to have chocolate for Valentine's Day 
Happy Valentine's Day to Amy D. and to you!
 
 
My rotation swap partner Lynn has her matchbox in the mail to me... I am so excited to receive it! 
Maybe tomorrow, but with our 'arctic vortex snow-tsunami' we are having, it may be late.  
 
I will post Valentine's Day Altered Matchbox Swap - Part 2
and share Lynn's matchbox once I receive it.  
 
Thank you JoAnne for hosting this wonderful swap!

4 comments:

  1. Love the matchbox you created, and you certainly packed it full of fun goodies. Can't wait to see what you receive! We haven't had nearly as much snow as your area, but it's soooo cold! Dreaming of spring warmth and sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Terri for your kind comment! I looking forward to receiving mine too – can’t wait to share it. I’m right there with you, I am so over Winter…Spring cannot come soon enough.
      Warm hugs, Tami

      Delete
  2. Tami, your matchbox if beautiful! So happy to have you as one of the family. I look forward to swapping with you in one of our future swaps. Happy Valentine's Day! (Please put some pics up in the flickr group)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, Tami! That is so beautiful and I'm sure she is going to *love* it! Thanks for sharing with us and I can't wait to see the one you receive in return.

    ReplyDelete