Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Craft Day with Friends

Last Saturday was a beautiful day... our Autumn weather was gorgeous and my day was Blessed with the gathering of friends at my home.  We spent the day creating art, enjoying good food & wine and sharing lots of heart-smiles & laughter!



     I offered two optional Halloween/Autumn projects to create.
Most everyone also brought a project of their own to work.

The first project was creating a mixed media canvas art
Gail


Marj



 Me
My canvas base got done, but it still needs other textures, hum... what?

Lyndi



Nora




Missed getting a photo with Lee holding her canvas art... this is her canvas art.

These Autumn art canvases are wonderful, don't you agree?


Our second project was decorating vintage felt mini witches hats

Gail



Lee



Marj
(Oh goodness, Marj had me almost in tears laughing!)



Lee & Marj

Nora



Beth working on her own project of 'pinnies'.  I love her work, always beautiful!  

Darn, I totally overlooked snapping a photo of another textile piece Beth brought with her.  She is combining swatches of vintage textiles together with stitchery/embroidery.  She had us each sign this piece and date it.  I can hardly wait to see its finale!  

I signed my name & date and wrote Blessings and Joy... just what this day of friendship brought us.





Blessings and Joy to you!

7 comments:

  1. Now wait a minute....You ladies are having too much fun without Me :) That's exactly My kind of fun and time spent well.Do You have a business(Classes)or are those ladies just so blessed to have You as a friend ? I want to join in, wish You were in My area and My friend ; ) Denise of Coffeeberry Cottage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Denise,
      Thanks for visiting and leaving such a warm and friendly comment! No business classes, just kindred-spirit friendship crafting togetherness - a great group of talented and fun gals! Tami

      Delete
  2. Looks like you all had so much fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! My beautiful Birdsong friends! Wish I was there....
    Looks like you all had a fabulous time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to have missed it. But so glad I can play next time. Thanks for the invitations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful way to spend a day playing with friends. Sure wish you and/or Karla were in my area.

    Hugs
    FredaB

    ReplyDelete