Sunday, September 28, 2014

Days of Autumn & Halloween

The days of Autumn are upon us and Halloween is fast approaching.
The leaves are starting to show hints of Autumn colors, the nights are cooler... it is my
FAVORITE weather season of the year!

I've put away our Summery displays and have redecorated our home for
Autumn & Halloween

 
Our dining room chandy is original to this home, but I've always found it boring.
I've added crystals to it over the years and during the various holidays, I add on other embellishments.

Our "H" initial works great for Halloween.

 
My felted raven I created at Karla's Cottage's 2012 event, Romantic Gothic Ghost

I picked up this poor owl on clearance as his left eye was missing...
perfect for a cheesecloth eye patch!


 









Autumn is here!

 “No spring nor summer beauty hath such grace as I have seen in one autumnal face."
The Autumnal - John Donne
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I'm in the process of doing the same -- all the fun, elegant or homey creepiness of birds and bats, pumpkins and goblins, black cats and witches! Tis the season. Your home is simply lovely and I may have picked up a couple of ideas to do something different this year! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeanie, fun…what different ideas do you like from my post? I am excited to see your décor posting! Thanks for your comment!

      Delete