Sunday, September 21, 2014

Pickin Treasures: Christmas Decor & Vintage Textiles

I receive weekly estate sale emails from estatesales.net
If you enjoy estate sale shopping and are not currently on their email list, I suggest you try them.
They are set-up throughout the USA.

This week I received my estatesales.net listings and there were a ton of them!  Since I no longer resale, I try to rationalize my hunt...Do I have a couple of extra dollars for treasures... is there anything I really need...NO!  Somedays the desire to just go 'treasure pickin' consumes me and the hunt is on. 

Rarely do I look for large pieces, I mainly hunt for unique decor & gifts as well as items for my mixed-media artwork.  I have a hard time saying "NO" to holiday items and vintage textiles!

Here are the treasures I picked this week
 A beautifully weathered-patina small child's sled...perfect for a Christmas tablescape!

Christmas tidbits 

 Deep basket shining full of vintage Christmas ornaments.   

 An adorable vintage deer Christmas centerpiece

  Vintage dove ornaments with spun cotton around their wings, one vintage glass bird ornament and a vintage, quirky bird caroler than really needs some loving.


 Beautiful vintage textiles & Celluloid!


 My plans for the wonderfully aged pieces of Celluloid are to someday use the round-scalloped orphaned box lid as a frame/base for something special; the cylinder
will hold a mini Christmas tree this year and the square box will house trinkets in my studio.
 
Last but not least...precious vintage, handmade needle holders.  

I love this time of the year as the cooler days of Autumn arrive!  It is my FAVORITE season!
 Even though my days of resale are over, I continue this time of the year to go on my 'pickin' and Girls Rule road trips.  This coming weekend Julie & I will be hitting Fabulous Finds on Highway 99 , 230+ miles of garage sales & flea markets through the Flint Hills of Kansas.  So excited!

3 comments:

  1. So much lovely lace! Everything is wonderful. I need to pick the KC area someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a total sucker for anything holiday so I suspect we might have been slugging it out for that sled and those ornaments! What a wonderful sale -- fabulous finds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh, Tami, the lace is just wonderful and there are the delicate, pretty tulley pieces too! The sled looks old, loved and worn...a wonderful piece to "stage" Christmas! You did well!!

    Enjoy the search next weekend too!! Kansas is a great place to find vintage treasures!!

    ReplyDelete