Friday, May 18, 2012

Earth Laughs in Flowers

Last Spring I purchased two amazing vintage flower urns from an estate sale.  The original owners had buried the bottom section of these urns in the ground which caused a lot of rust.

To preserve the cast iron urns I had to clean and repaint them.  I chose to paint them close to their original color which is a matte charcoal black.  They are so heavy - it takes two people to move them.
 
I meant to take before, during and after photos, but forgot and only took the after photos.  They really turned out well and should now endure many years 


Pink was the annual color that grab my heart this Spring 

"Earth Laughs in Flowers"
Ralph Waldo Emerson




1 comment:

  1. Oh Tami, they are beautiful! You are such a hard worker but always with amazing results!

    ReplyDelete